Reference in Manifesto
The next SLPP administration will ensure that all national democratic institutions are put back on track as a matter of urgency by restoring their autonomy, creating the necessary enabling environment to execute their statutory mandate and to serve the people well. Specifically, the new SLPP government will:
- Review laws and policies guiding the functioning of democratic institutions with a view to restoring their autonomy and independence
- Increase the role of non-state actors in the management of democratic institutions
- Increase the transparency of the operations of democratic institutions
- Develop the capacities of democratic institutions through adequate funding, qualified and competent human resources as well efficient and effective systems and procedures
- Support the budgetary needs of democratic institutions without seeking to control their operations.