Reference in Manifesto
- Increase the number of health facilities to ensure that every citizen can access health facility within 3 mile radius
- Ensure that every facility has the minimum number of technical staff as required by the Ministry of Health
- Review and upgrade the training curriculum in existing health institutions for all levels of training to provide care services for existing ailments
- Develop the infrastructure and provide trained tutors to the health training institutions
- Introduce a National Ambulance Service through public-private partnerships
- Establish blood transfusion units in all district hospitals and ensure regular and adequate supply of blood in health facilities, particularly during birth.
- Review policies and strengthen systems and scale up interventions to address maternal and child malnutrition.
- Introduce a National Tele-medicine Programme to deliver health education and care services to all.
- Improve on the procurement, storage and distribution of drugs and supplies to ensure drug availability in health facilities at all times.
- Launch a flagship programme for sexual and reproductive health for adolescents to reduce teenage pregnancy and the alarming maternal mortality
- Introduce public-private partnership in health facility management and health care service delivery in public hospitals and Peripheral Health Units
- Establish modern Infectious and Tropical Disease Control Centres in Freetown and in the regional capitals.
- Develop Mental Health Treatment and Care Facilities in Freetown and build new facilities in the provinces