Reference in Manifesto
- Enhance the capacity for health planning, management, monitoring and co-ordination.
- Develop a new National Health Policy and Action Plan to translate the New Direction into concrete programmes.
- Develop a robust policy and legal framework for Public-Private-Partnership in the health sector.
- Develop a new NGO/donor co-ordination policy that will make them more accountable and integrated into the public health programmes
- Develop and implement a Blood Bank policy that will ensure that blood is available in facilities at critical moments such as surgery and delivery.
- Review laws and policies relating to regulatory bodies such as Medical and Dental Association and make them more functional
- Promote social dialogue with relevant stakeholders in the health sector including but not limited to the Sierra Leone Health Service Workers Union, the Sierra Leone Medical and Dental Association and the Nurses and Midwives Association
- Strengthen Health Management and Information System (HMIS) to support informed strategic decision-making, programme development, management and evaluation by providing quality data at all levels at all times.