Reference in Manifesto
- Increase budgetary allocation to the agriculture sector to 10% in line with the Maputo Accord.
- Promote domestic financing of schemes that would compel persons seeking political office at ministerial and parliamentary levels to invest in agriculture
- Work with all mining firms to invest into agriculture, particularly, in support of land owners in their new locations as part of their resettlement plans
- Encourage local banks through various incentives to lend to the private sector for agricultural purposes
- Revisit the policy and legal framework on land tenure to make agriculture attractive to foreign investors and at the same time protect the interest of land owners