DECLARATION OF ASSETS - KAMARAINBA LEADS, OTHERS FOLLOW!
When I entered politics five years ago, I declared my brand of politics as ‘Politics of Truth’. I pledged to set an example for others to follow starting with the declaration of my assets to the general public few months to the March 7 2018 Presidential and Parliamentary elections.
In order to promote transparency in our political dispensation in line with the Citizens’ Manifesto developed by the Standing Together for Democracy Consortium, it is very important that those occupying high public offices disclose their financial status to the public.
The first testament of how my Government will tackle public service corruption if elected President, will be that everyone appointed to high positions of public trust such as Cabinet, and heads of public corporations will be required to declare their assets publicly, not as part of a confirmation but as a matter of policy.
My Government will also accord high priority to the formulation and passage into law a National Code of Conduct which all public servants will be subjected to.
At this juncture, am calling on all Presidential and Parliamentary candidates/aspirants to consider in their own interest to do the same. In this respect, I will lead by example. Kamarainba leads, others follow!
I hereby publicly declare my total assets as a sign of commitment to meeting the expectations of the citizenry if elected President of Sierra Leone.
ASSETS TOTAL: US$ 2,058,473.11
In assets papers released Wednesday 25th October, 2017, Mohamed Kamarainba Manasaray’s declaration put the total worth of his assets at US$ 2,058,473.11
FIVE HOUSES IN THE UNITED STATES
(1) 76TH Court, Hyattsville, Maryland assessed value $330,000.00
(2) 98TH Avenue, Lanham, Maryland assessed value $380,000.00
(3) Watson Drive, Stone Mountain, GA assessed value $265,000.00
(4) Metzerott Road, Adelphia, Maryland assessed value $165,000.00
(5) Metzerott Road, Adelphia, Maryland assessed value $145,000.00
TWO HOUSES IN SIERRA LEONE
(1) Tucker Drive, Goderich, Western Area assessed value $210,000
(2) John Kelly Street, Koidu Town assessed value $43,000
SIX (6) VEHICLES: TOTAL VALUE $123,000.00
This asset declaration also shows that Mohamed Kamarainba Mansaray has US$ 59,380.67 in his personal checking account and US$ 11,906.36 in his savings account both at the Bank of America, USA.
Other accounts include:
(1) Wells Fargo Bank, USA $141,600.28
(2) Retirement Savings 403B, Wells Fargo Bank $68,567.80
(3) Commerce and Mortgage Bank (SL) PLC
USD Account # 21011092207: Balance $30,018.00
SLL Account # 21011130109: Balance Le. 350,272.170 ($48,000).
CASH IN HAND: $31,000
Le. 50 Million ($7,000).