Reference in Manifesto
- Carry out a study of the needs of urban sanitation and develop a central sewage system to replace pit latrines.
- Enforce the change from pit latrines to Pour Flush or Full Flush in cities
- Re-introduce special cleaning day (last Saturday in a month)
- Strengthen and expand coverage of public-private partnership in garbage collection
- Introduce recycling and incinerator facilities
- Promote waste to energy project
- Re-introduce sanitary inspectors under the supervision of the local councils
- Consider alternatives to use of plastic bags
- Implement a rain water drainage system for the cities with high rainfall.