The former Ministry of education, science & Technology has changed to Ministry of Basic and Senior Secondary Education and Mr. Alpha O. Timbo appointed as Minister Conference of Principals of Secondary Schools (Western Area) Message from Ministry
- Ministry of education, science & Technology changed to Ministry of Basic and Senior Secondary Education
- Come September 2018 there will be no more SSS 4
- Current SSS 3 going to SSS 4 will be called SSS 3 Special
- Current sss 2 going to sss 3 will join sss 3 special for 2019 WASSCE Exams
- Submission of names of competent teachers for the August tuition classes for WASSCE Candidates
- The government will provide an encouraging stipend to tutors
- Principals should actively involve in the teaching process
- The Ministry will be monitoring the entire programme
- There will be no extra-charges
- Defaulters will have themselves to blame
- 2019 WASSCE will start in May 2019 and end in June 2019
- Unannounced visits by Minister and team to schools
- Teachers found guilty of professional misconduct i.e extortion, negligence of duty, persistent absenteeism will have themselves to blame
- Teachers are going to be issued a teaching license
- Class size is 50
Reference in Manifesto
- Revert from 6-3-4-4 system of education to the 6-3-3-4 with focus on improving learning and teaching and providing for those who cannot pursue university education.
- Implement and fund a new Free Education Programme for primary and secondary levels.
- Enhance the capacity for education planning, management, monitoring and coordination
- Develop a new National Education Policy and Action Plan to translate the New Direction into concrete programmes
- Develop a robust policy and legal framework for Public-Private-Partnership in the education sector.
- Develop a new NGO/donor co-ordination policy that would make them more accountable and integrated into the public education programmes
- Strengthen Education Management and Information System (EMIS) to support informed strategic decision-making, programme development, management and evaluation by providing quality data at all levels at all times
- Develop the capacity of School Inspectorate for effective school monitoring and supervision.
- Build the capacity of School Management Committees (SMC) through regular training and providing incentives for their contribution to school management
- De-politicise the Board of Governors of schools, redefine their roles, and introduce a compulsory reporting requirement for Boards
- Respect and support the autonomy of the National Union of Students (NUSS).